WithYou

Scheduling the physical activity

Milo is a Labrador Retriever. I understand that I need to step up his exercise plans as he gets older, but I feel a little overwhelmed right now. I feel pretty bummed that I can't walk him around for almost an hour like before. What are my options?

That’s indeed a headache. I can understand. Do you have anyone to bring him out besides you? Or how about just slow down your pace, like walk a bit and pause a bit before continuing?

On 12/2/2019 at 4:21 AM, Bobby said:

That’s indeed a headache. I can understand. Do you have anyone to bring him out besides you? Or how about just slow down your pace, like walk a bit and pause a bit before continuing?

Yes, for now, I ask everyone else at home to walk him around as much as possible. I can't force them to do it when they are tired or too lazy to walk around, though. I feel like it's my responsibility since I wanted to have Milo in the first place. Walking with him is a refreshing time for me as well.

I probably should look into splitting one long session into a few shorter ones. It's easier to ask my brother to walk Milo for 15 minutes than an hour straight.

15 hours ago, WithYou said:

Yes, for now, I ask everyone else at home to walk him around as much as possible. I can't force them to do it when they are tired or too lazy to walk around, though. I feel like it's my responsibility since I wanted to have Milo in the first place. Walking with him is a refreshing time for me as well.

I probably should look into splitting one long session into a few shorter ones. It's easier to ask my brother to walk Milo for 15 minutes than an hour straight.

I'm sorry that you're going through such a hard time. I hope things will improve soon! I agree that having several short sessions sounds like a reasonable solution for now. You don't have to go too far away since it's quick anyway. I hope there is a park or any kind of space close to you to help you with this.