Matiste

Harnesses

Does anyone here use a harness for dogs? I tried one on my younger schnauzer who sometimes twists and turns a lot when she's on a leash and it worked quite well. I was really surprised that it seemed to significantly calm her. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the snug feeling of the harness, almost like a Thunder Shirt.

I have been using harnesses for quite some time now. They seem to work very well. I switched to harnesses for the same reason as you; dogs seem to be much calmer with them on.

I switch between a harness and a regular collar. If my pup is in a really rambunctious mood, the harness controls her better than the collar, but she isn't always like that, so I only pull it out when I have to.

I don't really like the image of dogs being pulled around by their neck, and I've read of something about neck calcification related to collars. On the other hand, Corgis aren't compatible with harnesses due to their shapes. I probably need to do better research on this topic to find something that will work for Aqua.